YYYOOOUUCCCHHH! That doesn't look anymore healthy than the disease itself. Anyhow this post is for pre-swine flu outbreak. CNN stated the other night that over 90,000 people will be infected. Ew, isn't infected such a dirty word. You can only do so much. I would say don't kill yourself trying to protect your family, but what parent wouldn't? There are ways to help prevent. At the end of the day if it happens, it happens. Here are some things to do when/if the situation comes:
-Pray to the Lord to protect your family, and know if we get H1N1 it is God's will. We know not what the Lord wants for us nor do we understand it, trust Him.

-Wash hands A LOT. The Today show stated that 55% of people wash their hands WITHOUT soap. Really? Really people? Ok so maybe since I'm a recovering OCD hand washing addict I just can't swallow these stat's.
-Teach your kids (and yourself if you don't already) to use a Kleenex or your sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Always washy washy after you sneezey sneezey. Avoid touching face, nose, mouth.
-Keep hand sanitizer on..well hand. Keep in your car and even small travel sized in your kids backpacks. Teach them to use it when needed. Try to be informative prevention of germs but be careful not to frighten your child about H1N1.
-If your ok with looking a little odd, and don't mind stares then grab your respitory mask. Your health is your business and which way you protect it is up to you. I don't know how bad this will get, only God knows. Your kids might reject the mask! Mine would, I just know it, but it might be good for adults.
-Vaccinate? Here is the H1N1 Flu Vaccine Recommendations. I would tell ya about it, but its a mouthful..take all day to type it too. So visit the above link if your curious. I know you are!
-Keep your kids home when there sick. Or always? Would you pull your kids from school and teach (home schooling) them on your own just because of an outbreak? How far are you willing to go to prevent, protect?
So what do you think. Is it more unhealthy to worry about this illness? I think if you just continue to do all you can to prevent just as you do with the flu every year you should be fine.
Here is a pic of H1N1..what a debut:





















3 comments:
We get flu shots every year. I hate being sick.
I don't even admit to being a "recovering" OCD hand washing addict. I'm just plain OCD. ;)
Yikes I hope we don't get it. I wish everyone would just wash their hands regularly even when there isn't an outbreak like this. Seriously!
Post a Comment